07 April 2009

Welcome to the revolution. Tickets are free.

"Organic food is so expensive."

"Why the heck would I pay for a grocery bag when they'll happily give me as many as I need for free?"

"49 dollars for an eco-friendly, all natural, sustainably produced hemp pilates mat?! You realize I can get one at Wal-Mart for ten bucks, right?"

In regards to going green the general consensus seems to be that while it is a great idea, it costs way too much.

Pardon my bluntness but that's a load of crap.

That said, when you add up the price tags on all of those nice bio-degradable bathroom cleansers, 100% organic cotton yoga pants, free range hormone-free all-natural chicken breasts, and CFL bulbs, well... it's no surprise that so many people in today's economy forgo an environmentally minded lifestyle in favor of having enough money to put food on the table.

Enter: me.

I'm no expert on the environment or economics or much of anything, really. What I am is a college student, and if there is one thing I do know how to do it's how to stretch my dollar as far as is humanly possible. Perhaps even a little farther. So I've decided to apply my skills to the green trend and see what I can come up with. Hopefully the results will prove helpful in convincing the rest of the world that going green is possible on any budget.

Keep your eyes open for the following stories coming soon!

  • Fun alternatives to pricey reusable shopping bags.
  • Yummy recipes to green up your kitchen!
  • Eco-friendly bath and beauty solutions.
  • And more!!
Is there something in particular you'd like to see here? A certain product reviewed or solutions for a certain green problem you're having? Shoot me an email at kendralula (at) gmail (dot) com and I'll see what I can do!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

7 comments:

  1. I think you will like EarthShare's new "mall" :http://shop.earthshare.org/shop.

    Also they are highlighted on www.nonprofitshoppingmall.com's blog: http://nonprofitshoppingmall.com/people-who-care/earthshare

    ENJOY, thanks for what yr doing!

    Mire-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- great find!! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lawlz. Maybe I can start following some of your tips if they don't require me to spend more money... because, as you know, I am absolutely broke. For now all I do is ask for paper bags (if they have them), hang on to and reuse plastic bags as much as humanly possible, recycle all my aluminum cans, conserve electricity, and donate old things to good will instead of throwing them away.

    I try, damnit! Point me in the right direction xD

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll do what I can Cartman. Keep your eyes peeled tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  5. just got pointed to this blog by a friend. cool find. can't wait to start reading the posts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found this blog while looking for somethijg similar to Daily Danny. Looking forward to more posts from you !

    ReplyDelete
  7. You live a charmed life and I am glad to know you via the blog! I swear I could hear that fountain as I looked on!

    cheap promotional products

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts?